Want to have a good day at work? Make meaningful progress on meaningful projects.
There are a myriad of complicating factors to our workplace engagement, but if we can move the needle on issues that are important to us and the organization, then we'll be better off.
As a leader, how are you giving your team:
1) clarity to know what progress looks like?
2) purpose to know how their work connects to something greater than themselves?
As a contributor, how are you doing:
1) isolating the priorities that actually matter?
2) tracking the steps required to create progress?
3) resisting the temptation to mistake "busy" for "effective"?
Let's focus on progress, not just action.